Does Invisalign® take longer than braces?
Your teeth move in response to forces placed upon them. They cannot detect whether that force comes from a wire or from a plastic aligner. All other things being equal, treatment time with Invisalign should be very similar to treatment with brackets and wires!
Can I get Invisalign® with my general dentist?
The key to creating beautiful smiles is the training and experience of the doctor who diagnoses your problems and develops your treatment plan:
- Orthodontists are specialists with 24 to 36 months of additional training in a full-time university residency. They are experts at moving teeth with wires or plastic aligners
- The Invisalign® company merely requires that general dentists take a one-day course before they can order aligners for their patients. There is no way they can develop the same skills as an orthodontist in just one day
- The results you will obtain with your aligners will be determined by the skill and experience of your doctor. Dr. Chung is an Invisalign® specialist with more than 15 years moving teeth
How will Invisalign® treatment fit in with my lifestyle?
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- You can remove your Invisalign aligners so you can brush and floss regularly, and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You can occasionally remove your Invisalign aligners to enjoy a special night out.
- There’s no need to change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
Best of all, you can be yourself with Invisalign aligners. Since they are clear, you don’t have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
Does Invisalign® work for everyone?
While Invisalign is a great option for most patients, it doesn’t work in all situations. You will need a consultation with Dr. Chung to determine if it’s a good option for you. Click to schedule your free consultation to determine if Invisalign is right for you!